The predicament of being a fun-loving quasi-adult who also tries to upkeep a blog is that the more blog-worthy events you have in your life, the busier you probably are, and the less time you have for actually updating your blog. So, my dear people of the Internet, I hope you’re ready for an EXTREMELY wild ride through everything cool/uncool that’s happened to me in the past 6 months.
- Cool: This view of BYU campus in the winter. As much as I complain about school, I really do enjoy my walks home (probably because school is over, but you know).
- Cool: Women’s Chorus! I had an actual fan club at our winter concert and I have never felt so famous.
- Cool: my little sis is a basketball STAR! / Uncool: her team lost in the semi-finals. This picture captures my pride in her overall and her (silly) desire to not be photographed after crying over a loss (just kidding. I get it. I guess I’m just a mean sister).
- Not only cool, but AMAZINGLY, INCREDIBLY COOL: I got to sing in General Conference! The women of BYU Women’s Chorus, Concert Chorus, and BYU Singers, plus some alumni, were invited to sing for the General Women’s Session. I don’t think I’ve ever been that excited about any musical performance in my life. Here are the 3 songs we sang (if you look on “I Feel My Savior’s Love,” you’ll see me!):
5. Cool: I GOT TO THE END OF THE COOKIE DOUGH AND THERE WAS THE PERFECT NUMBER OF COOKIES TO FILL UP THE COOKIE SHEET. I HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.
6. Cool: I ran a half marathon! My friend FORCED me to sign up with her (when I say “forced,” I mean she invited me and I immediately was like “yeah, OK, why not?” without thinking about what I was really getting myself into).
Uncool: I got sick a week before the race. I also had finals right before that, and final projects and papers etc. right before that. My training did not quite go according to plan, and judging by the severe discomfort I felt in my legs and feet for the next two days, I have now learned what not to do right before a half marathon.
I only have pictures of myself in this position because I actually couldn’t stand in any other position for about 19 weeks.
7. Uncool: my fabulous roommate left me. Cool: she left me because she got married! My other “roomies” (none of whom actually live with me, but all of whom I see more than my actual roommates) and I decided to head out to San Diego for the wedding, and, obviously, we saw Celine Dion’s show in Vegas on the way back. (We had already been talking about seeing Celine for *WEEKS* and having an excuse to head that direction was like manna from Heaven). These pictures are only a few treasures from the gold mine of gems obtained on this trip.
8. Uncool: when my dad took me, my sister, and one of my brothers fishing on Memorial Day, we caught NOTHING.
Cool: I now have this picture of my sister.
And this one of us.
9. Cool: I somehow (it’s a long story) ended up on a Ragnar (if you don’t know what this is: read here) team sponsored by the University of Utah MBA program, meaning I got to do the Wasatch Back Ragnar for free! Who knew depriving yourself of sleep and running 200 miles collectively would be so much FUN?
Uncool: I had to wear University of Utah t-shirts. (I say this, but in reality, they are nice shirts and my teammates were really chill people. I guess I can’t profess to have a true BYU hatred of the U. Not that I ever did, and I only cried a little (lol jk) putting the red shirt on for the first time).
And there you have it: a haphazard, incomplete catch-up on the happenings of my ill-documented recent life. There’s more where this came from (my brain, so we would hope there’s more).